With 12 teams signed up for this year’s DVMISSION we are well on our way towards making this year’s event the start of something new and the beginning of the next ten years of 48-hour filmmaking challenges here on the south coast.
We are still open for team registration and we have pushed the deadline back to Friday 24th February so please spread the word and share with all your filmmaking networks. We need 20 teams to break even and that means 8 more teams to go before we can pay for the bottles of bubbly.
The challenge weekend is over Friday 10th March to Sunday 12th March, while DVMISSION LIVE 2017, a glittering gala event, screening and awards ceremony will run on Saturday 18th March 2017 at The Wedgewood Rooms, Albert Road, Portsmouth and tickets are already on sale through their website.
Anyone can take part, it doesn’t matter if you have any experience or not, you don’t need expensive equipment, you can be any age 16 and over. If you are not sure what to do follow our handy instructions below.
HOW DO YOU TAKE PART IN A 48 HOUR FILM CHALLENGE?
1. Sign up your team at: filmfreeway.com/festival/DVMISSION17
2. Check our Facebook page at 5pm Friday 10th March and get the 2017 “obstructions”.
3. Make a 2-minute film in 48 hours – yes in 48 hours!
4. Upload your film by 5pm Sunday 12th March.
5. Buy your tickets to the premier night on Saturday 18th March at The Wedgewood Rooms, Albert Road, Portsmouth, PO4 0JW.
6. Get into your posh frocks and dress to impress.
7. Party at our glittering gala event and maybe even win a prize.